Rose Canyon Fisheries will employ the latest technologies, and meet stringent U.S. environmental and food safety standards. A number of regulatory agencies will be involved in permitting the project to insure that this is the case.
- National Environmental Policy Act certification – To be determined;
- Rivers and Harbors Act, navigable waters permit – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers;
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
- Aquaculture registration and oversight – California Department of Fish & Wildlife;
- Consistency with Coastal Act review – California Coastal Commission;
- Protected Resources (endangered species, marine mammals and essential fish habitats) review – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and
- Aids to Navigation permit – U.S. Coast Guard.